August 01, 2011

Who is This Man They Call Jesus?

Now when Jesus came into the district of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, "Who do people say that the Son of Man is?" And they said, "Some say John the Baptist, others say Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets." – Matthew 16:13-14

When I was a child, I was always concerned about what others thought. Ok, ok I’m still concerned about what others think. I’m sure you’ve told your kids or had heard your parents say at one time, “If all of your friends jumped off a cliff, would you?”

“Everybody’s doing it!” That’s the phrase that frustrated my dad to no end. He of course wanted me to think for myself. The same goes for God. He wants to know who you say Jesus is? That He is the Son of God, the Messiah/Christ, and the anointed Savior of the world has always been the controversial answer. It is much more sane and safe to say that He is simply a good teacher or just another mislead historical figure who meant well. After all, that’s what many others are saying.

However, Jesus is not interested in what others tell you about Him. He wants to know what you say about Him. What is your inner spirit speaking to you? Do you feel as if something is telling you that He is much more than that? Jesus doesn’t care what others tell you about Himself, but rather what God is revealing to you about Jesus. Your decision is how God has built His kingdom for the last 2,000 years. If Jesus is just another man, life goes on as usual. If your heart cries out that He is the Son of God though, your life will never be the same.

He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?" Simon Peter replied, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." And Jesus answered him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven. And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven." Then he strictly charged the disciples to tell no one that he was the Christ. – Matthew 16:15-20

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home