February 12, 2010

Will God Use You?

by David Stone

How about this for some good questions to start your day--Could God use me? Would God use me? Will God use me? The answer to the first two questions should be easy. Could God use me? Sure! Would God use me? Absolutely! But the third question is more difficult. The answer depends on you. Will you allow God to accomplish His purpose in your life? He could and would, but the extent to which God is able to use you is determined by your willingness.

It seems to me that every Christian would want to be used of God, but why doesn't it happen more often? I believe it's because many people are focused on their ability, or lack thereof, rather than their availability. Perhaps that's your problem. You see God using others, but you never see the possibility of Him using you. You're not alone, and this isn't a new problem. Moses had a hard time pictureing himself being used of God (Ex. 4:10-17). 

Adrian Rogers recently wrote about what Major Ian Thomas imagined Moses saying when he encountered God in the burning bush. He thought of him saying something like this:
"Would you look at that bush? It just keeps on burning for God. I wish my life could burn for God like that and keep on burning."
Then Major Thomas imagined God replying, "Moses, you think this bush is so wonderful? Do you see that bush over there? I could do the same thing with it. Moses, it's not the bush; it's God in the bush. Any old bush will do."
It's not you! It's not me! We are only the vessels of God's anointing. As you surrender yourself to God today, He will fill you and use you for His glory. 

Surrender yourself to God today, and, as you do, He will use you. Allow His flame to burn brightly for all to see.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home