March 21, 2008

Those Jesus Freaks!

"Man, so and so used to be pretty cool to be around, but now everything is about God. I mean, I believe in God and everything, but he/she has become some sort of Jesus Freak."

Many of us have all heard the phrase or something similar. You may have even said it yourself.

From the time I was small, I have always been "in" to something. Another word for "in" would be "obsessed." They were different phases that I went through. First, there was wrestling as a young boy. My father took me to the wrestling matches quite often and I had tons of the WWF action figures. Then, it was sports, football in particular. I played in high school and loved (still do) to watch the NFL. Any conversation about sports could go on for hours without running out of things to talk about. Music was another huge obsession. Though I never have played any instrument consistently, the art of music is one of the most beautiful things in this world. When I found an interest in a certain musician, everyone and their mother would hear about it. I could buy a CD, sit down with the lyric sheet, listen and dissect the whole album.

Those are a few of the things I have been passionate about at one time or another.

One day, I realized that I forgot about God. That changed me. God changed me. Now, I'm obsessed with Jesus Christ! I can go on for hours without running out of things to talk about. I love sit down, read and dissect the Bible. It's not a phase…..it won't pass. Everyone and their mother will hear about it.

Jeremiah 20:9 (NIV) Jesus Freaks

9 But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.


John 12:26 (NIV) Slaves to Christ

26Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.


Deuteronomy 6:5 (NIV) All About God

Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.



This Easter is a perfect time to renew your relationship with Christ. He is risen! Repent and trust Him today and He will save you. God is good.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home