May 28, 2010

Overcoming Disappointment

by David F. Esquivel

Psalm 118:8 (ESV)
"It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man."

Disappointment comes from expectancy. We place standards on people to perform or act in a certain way. When our standards and expectations are compromised by those individuals. That is when we will find ourselves saying," how could you do that to me?" But really nothing was done unto you but rather you did it to yourself because of your expectancy? God in his Word has made it very clear that you can not trust in man because he will fail. On the other hand God will forever be at you side even if your own parents cast you aside. The certainty here is trusting in God not in man. Quit trying to put such high standards on people and live life knowing that the God we serve will always come through for us. 

This same question was asked of me by a family member and when I explained what I have understood he called me a pessimist. I replied with this," I am not walking around expecting the worst from people but rather I have an understanding why people do what they do. So, it is not difficult for me to release forgiveness and move on. God had already let me know that man would always fall short so, why hold it against them? I don't have a problem saying I forgive you and truly mean it." Brothers,  It was a total release from the bondage of resentment the devil was trying to put me under.

Jesus walked with his disciples and taught them even though he knew that they would betray him in the end. Yet, Jesus completed the task at hand and fulfilled the work of His Father. Now, look at his disciples and what they became of. If Jesus would have said I know you will fail me and sob in it where would we be today? Something to think about.

Be Free in Christ,

David F. Esquivel



Psalm 22 Ministries
GOD has not forsaken you
http://www.psalm22.net

"By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another." - Jesus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home